- 17 h tour by in comfortable A/C minivan
It's a tour with an early start! Please note that all times are approximate and all the details will be arranged via e-mail upon booking
- 6.00 am Hotel pick-up (early morning!)
Our experienced driver picks you up from your Warsaw hotel/apartment. Transportation in a comfortable A/C minivan. Exact pick-up time will be given after reservation is confirmed.
- 6.00 - 10.00 Transport from Warsaw to Krakow
We drive from Warsaw to Krakow (4 h travel time).
- 10.15 Pick-up for the Private 3 h Krakow walking tour
Our guide picks you up from a pre-arranged meeting point @ Krakow. Sightseeing walk through the Old Town and a visit to the Wawel Royal Castle
- 13.15 - 14.30 Free time
- 14.30 - 15.00 Pick-up for the Salt Mine Tour
Our experienced driver picks you up from a pre-arranged meeting point. Transportation in a comfortable A/C minivan.
- 15.00 - 15.50 Transport from Krakow to Wieliczka
We drive from Krakow to Wieliczka town (50 min travel time), where the salt mine is located
- 15.50 - 16.00 Coffee break
10 min break to grab a cup of coffee, snack or to go to the bathroom
- 16.00 - 18.30 Wieliczka Salt Mine visit
Guided tour of the salt mine in English with a licensed museum guide. All fees included in price. Temperatures inside the mine are a constant +15C (55F) year round, so you may want to bring a jacket. Please note, the start of the tour is a 400-step stairwell descent down into the mine. Not recommended for persons with claustrophobia or related illnesses
- 18.30 - 22.30 Transport from Wieliczka to Warsaw
Return transportation from Wieliczka to Warsaw (4h travel time)
Wieliczka Salt Mine is one of Europe's oldest functioning underground facilities. Started in the early Middle Ages, the mine attracts thousands of visitors each year. Not only is it one of Poland's greatest attractions, it's also listed on the UNESCO List of World Heritage Sites.
Krakow is one of the largest and oldest cities in Poland, with a population of nearly 800,000. Situated on the Vistula river in the Lesser Poland region, it dates back to the 7th century. It was the capital of Poland from 1038 to 1596 and has always been one of the leading centres of Polish scientific, cultural and artistic life. With a history encompassing a thousand years, Krakow remains the spiritual heart of Poland and the centre of local and international tourism. Walking with our expert licensed city guide along the beautiful and mysterious streets of Krakow you will feel the unique atmosphere and find a synthesis of all things Polish, connecting tradition with modernity.
- On this tour you will see:
- Wieliczka Salt Mine: 3 kilometres of meandering corridors, chambers chiselled out in rock salt, amazing underground saline lakes, unique statues sculpted in salt
- Krakow: The medieval St. Florian's Gate with the Barbican fortress, the Main Market Square with St Mary's Basilica and the Sukiennice Cloth Hall, the Wawel Castle and the Wawel Cathedral
Looking for a different 'Warsaw Tour'?
See the full list of our tours and activities in Warsaw and book your unforgettable experience.
- What is your cancellation policy?
For individual reservations, whenever we charge the deposit we require a 7 days notice by e-mail or phone. Changes or cancellations made after this time cause the loss of your deposit. For group reservations cancellation rules are confirmed via e-mail.
- How do I pay for the tour?
You can pay all up-front, or locally to our driver. Usually we require deposit to confirm your reservation.
- What is the pick-up time?
It's a private tour, so pick up time and date are on request. We confirm your exact pick up time just after we confirm you reservation.
- Can I take this tour in other languages?
Yes, French, Italian, German, Spanish are available on request.
- Where do we meet the guide?
We arrange a taxi service to pick you up from your Warsaw hotel/apartment. The driver leads you directly to your departure train platform. Exact pick-up time will be given after your reservation is confirmed. Our city guide picks you up in Krakow from the train platform and takes you for the private Krakow walking tour and Wieliczka Salt Mine tour.
- How many people will there be in the van on the Salt Mine tour?
To guarantee you a comfortable journey, we use max. 8 passenger vehicles. If you are the only clients that day, we may sometimes use a 4 passenger minivan.
- What is the temperature inside the mine?
Temperatures inside the mine are a constant +15C (55F) year round, so you may want to bring a jacket.
- Is there a lot of walking on the Salt Mine tour?
Yes, make sure to wear comfortable shoes. The visitors have to walk down
380 stairs and there are all together 800 steps along the whole route.
After a short respite, visitors go up to the surface in a mining elevator.
- Can I take pictures on site?
Yes, for taking photos a 10 PLN fee has to be paid at the ticket desk.