Zakopane is the most famous Polish mountain resort, which is located in the southern part of the country, at the foot of the Tatra mountains. Because of its uniqueness, Zakopane is a must place to visit for the majority of Poles during their winter or summer holidays. The town is the capital for the Polish highlanders, called "Gorale", who are an ethnic group inhabiting Tatras for a few hundred years. The charming, local architecture of log houses and churches, stunning views of the rocky Tatras and cozy restaurants serving local food, make Zakopane a top destination for a weekend break. You can also check the full list of our top rated Zakopane tours and activities.
- Highlights of the tour:
- 4h private walk with an English speaking licensed city guide including transportation between the sites
- Pick-up time and date available on request
- Krupowki - main pedestrian zone
- 'Zakopane Style' log houses and churches
- 'Na Peksowym Brzysku" historical cemetery
- Visit to a local sculpturer's house, a folk style cheese manufacture
- Legendary 'Wielka Krokiew' ski jumping hill
- Focus on the Tatra Highlander folk culture
We also offer Morskie Oko lake sightseeing tour with beer and lunch in a mountain hut and an 8km nondemanding walk.